We were wondering how you got into knitting. We have a knitting class every Tuesday after school from 3:15 to 4:00. At first we were hesitant to join the knitting class because it doesn’t always seem like a “boyish” activity. We decided to give it a try anyway. Now we all LOVE to knit and find it one of our favorite hobbies. We can hardly wait until Tuesday each week and are excited to learn new knitting techniques as our skills develop. We have some questions for you:
- Have you ever felt different because you knit and you’re a man?
- Have people ever insulted you because of your hobby and your gender? If so, how do you deal with it?
- Did you have a knitting teacher? If so, was your teacher male or female?
- Do have any other hobbies that could be considered “girly”?
- One of us is going to an all boys’ school for middle and high school. He also wants to bring his knitting to school sometimes, but he might get insulted. Do you have any tips on avoiding insults from people?
We also have a few knitting-related questions:
- What is your favorite project to knit?
- Do you know any good websites or books to get cool patterns from?
- What was the longest it ever took for you to knit a project?
Colin, Jake, Brandon, and Evan
Click here to read Jared's response.