For those new to the blog, I'm spacing out my 100 Things so as not to overwhelm myself or you. Please visit the 100 Things category if you'd like to go back to #1.
11. I got into college early admission. I had to write two essays, one about a life-changing experience (rebuilding row houses for Habitat for Humanity in Philly when I was in eighth grade) and the other about a literary character I loved. I chose Anne from Anne of Green Gables. So of course, I had to make this top.
12. I hate, hate, hate to be touched on the inside of my elbow. Perhaps this is because when I was two I had to have an operation which involved: 1. My parents physically restraining me so that a nurse could stick needles in me, and 2. A very poorly trained lab tech who drew my blood in a method akin to driving a nail. I still get dizzy when I have to have shots or blood work.
13. In college, my mother knit her boyfriend Richard a complex cabled sweater. It took her months upon months. She can still picture him driving off into the sunset with it, never to return. I therefore credit my existence, in some small part, to the sweater curse. (Mom's grand reentry into the knitting world is taking shape as a Scamp for Biscuits.)
14. I am lucky to have four best girlfriends. I have never been the type to want a crowd of them. I can't sustain casual acquaintances very well- the small talk, the lunches you secretly hope are cancelled, the skimming of surfaces. I'd rather be alone.
15. I prefer red to white, but I'm starting to get headaches when I drink it.
16. I am a happy heathen.
17. I am an INTP. In Myers-Briggs lingo, that means I am introverted, intuitive, critical/logical, and perceptive. At least, I was in high school when I took the test. So was my best friend. She ended the friendship because she felt too competitive with me. I had no idea. I think she's a park ranger in Alaska now.
18. I have gone my rounds with depression. Zoloft worked for me. And though I struggled with the decision to take it, I think those who judge others for using medication to help them through this illness should take a long walk off of a short plank.
19. I think almost anything tastes better with a squeeze of lime.
20. I miss my Ouma.
* See Knits '06 for details on Green/Grey Gable. I'm wondering... would be better in red?