For those new to the blog, I'm spacing out my 100 Things so as not to overwhelm myself or you. Please visit the 100 Things category if you'd like to go back to #1.
I know many of you are eager to hear about the tea party. Wouldn't you know it, two designers showed up, and one wasn't on the invite list. I love party crashers. We cozied up with the little sandwiches and the teacups and the tiny confessions flew. I slip-stitched my little heart out, planned this post, and daydreamed about my next two sweaters. Here are my next 10 Things, all tiny confessions, interspersed with photos of the finished Lily:
21. I like to work with the yarn suggested in the pattern. I know this makes me a "lesser" knitter somehow, but I can't help it. I just feel I'm more likely to get the effect I want that way. And also, I don't trust myself very much when it comes to subtleties such as drape. This may be a product of my perfectionism.
22. I once stopped reading an otherwise lovely knitting blog because the knitter expressed an affinity for a certain conservative pundit's radio show.
23. I cheated on every boyfriend I ever had with one exception: the fabulous Mr. Frick.
24. Over the course of my love affair with "The West Wing," I developed a huge crush on Toby Ziegler. Jim Caviezel fell quickly out of favor after that whole Jesus thing. (But "The Thin Red Line"? Where he wasn't actually Jesus but a pretty Jesusy-type soldier guy? Swoon.)
25. Over the course of the last month and a half I have lost 12 pounds, but never blogged about it because of a stupid hangup about weight that, despite my strong feminist leanings, is still an intrinsic part of my psychological makeup.
26. I think I am a better teacher of boys than of girls.
27. I have never eaten a Twinkie, but I did steal one in sixth grade. I have no Twinkie defense. Guilty as charged. (This is likely where the huge shoplifting habit I had in junior high originated.)
28. I kind of like the way it feels when I accidentally bite my own lip, and I sort of like the taste of blood and the smell of gasoline.
29. If I could be seduced and/or killed by any monster, I'd pick vampire faster than you could say, "bite me." That may be why I like this collar so much:
30. I wrote this post instead of grading two quizzes that my kids are begging to get back.
Oh! I just realized I never told you who my two tea party guests were! They dropped their buttons as they were leaving, so I put them in my sidebar. Apparently there are bigger parties out there in their honor, and I'm a-joining in!