1. FIRST NAME? Julia
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My Ouma's first name was Julia, though everyone called her Fran. My parents also had a good friend named Julie at the time of my birth.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? The Biscuit was born two days after the horror in Beslan. That was a powerful cocktail of pain and joy and thinking about parents and children and loss. We think about that community a lot.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? A for effort, C+ for consistency. Thank the skies for keyboards.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? The word lunchmeat gives me the skeeves.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, if only for the perks. I'm very generous.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Having a bit of a meta moment here...
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep, and also my toes!!
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Only if pushed. By someone willing do endure a black eye, a knee to the groin, and a few thousand yanked hairs.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I am a Cornflake Girl. (But I hang with the raisin girls.)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes, but the only tie-up shoes I wear are hiking boots.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I'm a mother. Hell, yes.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? A really good mint chocolate chip does wonders for a foul Frick mood. I even paid premium price for a couple of hanks of a special Lorna's mint chip sock yarn.
14. SHOE SIZE? 8 1/2
5. RED OR PINK? This question seems vaguely pornographic. I only say that because I can't figure out why else it's being asked. Red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My social awkwardness and tendency to overthink everything.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I really miss the Bluths.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Not sure what this means, as it was never sent TO me. If others want to post it, great! Let me know and I'll come and check it out!
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Grey pants, black sweater, black embroidered shoes. It's Parent Conference Day, so I'm going with the neutrals.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A donut hole. The upside to Parent Conference Day.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Planes flying into National Airport. (Just TRY to get me to call it Reagan National. Go ahead. Make my day.)
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Purple.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Eucalyptus. The Biscuit's head.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Some guy at Boden.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Hands, eyes.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? So very, very much.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Margarita on the rocks with salt.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Knitting with two strands of mercerized cotton.
29. EYE COLOR? Brown
30. HAT SIZE? Medium.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Mr. Frick makes a mean Pad Thai. Can't beat a burrito, unless it's with a burrito that has more sour cream and guacamole than the first burrito. That burrito kicks burrito booty.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary endings to happy movies.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer outside, winter inside.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Please.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? They don't call it a pie hole for nuthin'.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Was this originally an email? This would explain #s 18, 38, and 39.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? La, La, La, I can't hear you!
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (out loud to my class), just finished Autobiography of a Face and hope to start The Pox Party: (The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing) soon, because the author and I go (a little) way back. In knitting reading, I've got Knitting Without Tears at my side.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? My finger.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? We don't have television reception. I watched "Go Fish," an episode from Season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Mermen!
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? The clunk of a package on the front step, crackling fires, the Biscuit "reading" In the Night Kitchen. ("Milk! Milk! Milk for the morning cake!")
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Stoner
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? In miles, Prague. In the "worlds away" sense, Haiti.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Levitation.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Portsmouth, VA
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Lifted from Cara. See #26.
News from the Department of Irony- Finished photos of Forecast have been delayed by...wait for it...bad weater. Stay tuned!